My Guide Website?
San José: Guided City Tour
Discover Costa Rica's capital on a guided tour of San José. Learn about the city's museums, parks, and other important buildings, like the National Theater, the Supreme Court of Justice, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rica's rich culture and history on a guided tour
- Explore the diverse and bustling Costa Rican capital of San José with a guide
- Take a drive through La Sabana Park, considered the the lungs of San José
- Visit world-class museums and historical sites, including the National Theater
- Wander through the vibrant San José Central Market and interact with locals
DescriptionThis tour immerses you in the rich Costa Rican culture and history by visiting some museums and historical sites of San José City. During this journey you will visit the National Theater, also known as “The jewel of San José”, a masterpiece in art and architecture built by Costa Ricans and completed in 1897. Then visit the Museum of Gold (an archaeological interest site), then the Central Market, place full of the Costa Rican cultural heritage and traditions, where you will be able to browse and buy some local art crafts. You will also visit the Metropolitan Cathedral. As we travel around the city, we will point you out several historically important or main buildings in our city, for example The Costa Rica University, The Old Train Station, The National Liquor Factory, The National Supreme Election Bureau, the Asamblea Legislativa (equivalent to The Congress), The Metallic Building, some parks and various sites of interest. This will be an introduction to our Capital City, and information about our economy, cultural, politics, religion and general current events. Also, we will visit an Art Gallery, where you will be able to get some souvenirs to take back home.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned bus National theater walking tour Bilingual Guide Entrance to Pre-Columbian Gold Museum and National Theater
- If the Gold Museum is closed, you will visit the National Museum instead A minimum of 2 participants is required for this tour to operate