My Guide Website?
Playa Minas: Sea Turtle Watching Tour21 Reviews
Visit the beautiful Playa Nombre de Jesus to see the nesting site of the black turtles, and if you are lucky, the leatherback turtles.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From San Jose: Orosi Valley & Lankester Garden Day Tour
- Poás Volcano, Coffee Plantation & La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- La Fortuna: Sarapiqui River Jungle Safari Float
- From San José: Pacuare River White Water Rafting Day Trip
- San Jose One Day: Sarapiqui Class 2&3 Rafting Adventure
- Marvel at the peaceful secluded beach under the stars
- Witness the annual turtle nesting
- See the region's black turtles and perhaps the rare leatherback turtles
DescriptionYou will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Playa Minas or a nearby beach that is home to nesting turtles. Playa Minas constitutes one of Costa Rica's most important nesting sites. Between October and March, large numbers of turtles migrate to this region. It remains one of the last untouched beaches in the world, giving it a remote paradise feel. There will be a 700-meter hike in the dark with infrared flashlights provided by your tour guide. Once arriving at the beach, the guide will educate the group on how to respectfully navigate the area. You will see the black turtles, and if you are lucky, the rare leatherback turtles. The leatherback sea turtle is the largest sea turtle in the world, weighing over 1,200 pounds and averaging almost 8 feet in length.
IncludesBilingual tour guides Transportation Infrared flashlight
- * NO flashlight pictures