My Guide Website?
San Jose One Day: Sarapiqui Class 2&3 Rafting Adventure13 Reviews
Take on class 2-3 rapids on the Sarapiqui River – perfect for nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, and people who are looking for a little bit of adventure. Choose between half-day and full-day options and explore the jungle from the river.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a full day or half day of whitewater rafting on the Sarapiquí River
- Keep an eye out for monkeys, iguanas, and tropical birds from the river
- Try typical Costa Rican food at the Red-Eyed Frog Restaurant
- Travel to and from San Jose in an air-conditioned van
DescriptionThe Sarapiqui River is famous for its lush rainforest scenery. Enjoy it up close rafting down the Jungle Run – a section of river that is home to monkeys, iguanas, and other amazing Costa Rican wildlife. Start with pickup from select hotels and travel to El Roble de Sarapiquí, where the adventure begins. Your guide will fit you with the proper gear and go over safety instructions before hitting the river. Duck, dodge, paddle, and laugh your way down the river. Along the way, the 'paparrazzi' photographer will be around to catch the best action shots as your Costa Rican river adventure unfolds. About halfway down the river, stop to enjoy a refreshing tropical fruit snack, take a swim, and relax. This area is known for its variety of birdlife, so keep an eye out for interesting tropical species. Finish the rafting adventure at the Red-Eyed Frog Restaurant, located right next to the river. Savor a traditional Costa Rican meal before heading back to your hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned van with free WiFi. Photos are available for purchase from the local provider after the tour.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from select hotels Air-conditioned transfers Lunch (full-day tour) Costa Rican coffee Tropical fruit snack Life jacket Rafting boat, paddle, and helmet WiFi on board
- This tour operates rain or shine
- For reasons beyond their control (river and weather conditions, etc.), your guides may change to a tour with an equal or similar difficulty rating
- The local partner reserves the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies
- Full refunds are given in the event of cancellation by the local partner
- Rafting and canyoneering involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable and filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and a variety of other wildlife
- The route covers approximately 22 kilometers