My Guide Website?
From San Jose: Orosi Valley & Lankester Garden Day Tour4 Reviews
Enjoy a cultural tour leaving from San Jose, and learn more about Costa Rica's history and traditions in the Orosi Valley. Explore agricultural land and wild nature, and admire historical buildings.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a day trip exploring history & beautiful gardens in the Orosi Valley
- See some of the over 800 species of orchids at Lankester Botanical Gardens
- Explore scenic Orosí Valley, surrounded by jungle-draped mountain scenery
- Admire 18th-century colonial architecture at Iglesia de San Jose de Orosi
- Learn from an experienced guide offering insightful commentary along the way
DescriptionTake a day trip out of San Jose and into the charms of the Orosi Valley with an experienced guide. Admire over 800 species of orchids and other flowers at the Lankester Gardens, check out a colonial-era church, and enjoy a tasty lunch at a countryside restaurant. Be picked up at your San Jose hotel and enjoy the winding ride into Costa Rica's hills. Cruise past coffee plantations and fields of waving sugar cane, and take in views of distant mountains. Reach the grounds of the Lankester Botanical Gardens, where botanists have cultivated some of the country's finest plants and flowers since 1973. Stroll gravel paths flanked by cacti and other succulents, look for sloths in treetop hideouts, and save plenty of time to examine the delicate petals of over 800 species of orchids spread out over the garden's 26-acre grounds. Head into the town of Orosi after your floral foray, and get up-close looks at the 18th-century Iglesia de San Jose de Orosi, whose white facade traces its origins back to Spanish colonialists. Chat about the area's history over lunch at a nearby restaurant, and then hop back on your shuttle for the scenic ride back to San Jose.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from San Jose Lunch Tour Guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available prior notification