My Guide Website?
San Jose: Central Market Tour with Food and Coffee Tasting4 Reviews
Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and daily life with a tour of San Jose's Central Market. Stroll through the many aisles in the company of a local guide, tasting authentic dishes and coffee.
- Delight your palate with a variety of authentic Costa Rican specialties
- Step into the oldest market in San Jose City, the vibrant Central Market
- Learn about the local culture as you browse through the many aisles and stands
- Taste authentic dishes, locally-produced coffee, and exotic fruits along the way
- Enjoy the possibility to shop for handmade crafts and unique souvenirs
DescriptionExplore the biggest and oldest market in San Jose City on a guided tour. Founded in 1880, stroll through a site that offers a glimpse into the true Costa Rican way of living, their customs, and traditions. Browse through the intricate aisles and taste unique snacks and sweets. Join your professional guide for a trip into the heart of Costa Rican culture. Dive into the busy Central Market for an authentic experience of the local lifestyle. Hear about the history of this ancient market and learn about each of the traditional products sold. Observe and shop for typical handcrafts as you walk around. Sample exotic fruits and dishes that may include empanadas, cheese tortillas, 'chicharrones' (pork rind), and tamales. Sip on artisanal coffee and taste the emblematic 'sorbetera' ice cream.
IncludesTour guide Food and coffee tastings
- This tour will take place rain or shine Please keep in mind this activity involves some moderate walking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$41.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today