My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Sarapiqui River Jungle Safari Float
See the abundance of nature and wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. This safari float is a smooth 2-hour paddle down the quiet class-1 section of the Sarapiqui River, and is great for nature lovers of all ages.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn of Costa Rican's incredible wildlife with an eagle-eyed guide
- Explore Sarapiqui's beautiful crystal clear water on an amazing safari float
- Experience a wide array of plant and animal species as you float next to the Mesoamerican Biological Corridor
DescriptionExperience the abundance of nature and wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. This Costa Rica safari float is a smooth 2-hour paddle down the quiet, lower section of the Sarapiqui River. Your bilingual nature guide will paddle and steer your boat as you float down the river, whilst pointing out all of the exotic wildlife such as birds, frogs, insects, and monkeys in the Costa Rica rainforest. You will begin going down the river from the Red Eye Frog restaurant, which is located in El Roble de Sarapiqui. Your eagle-eyed guide will begin to show off Costa Rica's amazing wildlife, as they point out a wide array of plant and animal species. You’ll float next to the Mesoamerican Biological Corridor (San Juan La Selva Biological Corridor) where there is a good possibility of seeing sloths, howler monkeys, lizards, and even black-river otters. This area is also famous for its incredible amount of tropical birds such as ospreys, boat-billed herons, parrots, kingfishers, and the great green macaw, which is on the endangered species list. For those who want to be even closer to nature, you will have the chance to get out of the raft and into the river to refresh yourself along the way. To finish your day you will return to the Red Eye Frog Restaurant to enjoy a delicious traditional Costa Rican lunch called a “Casado”, along with some amazing gourmet Costa Rican coffee.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tropical fruit snack Traditional Costa Rican lunch called “Casado” Costa Rican gourmet coffee Helmet, paddle, rafting boat, life jacket Air-conditioned vehicle WiFi on board
- Tours run rain or shine
- For reasons beyond your guide's control, the tour may change to a tour with equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure-appeal
- Your guides reserve the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies, full refunds are given if no tour is run
- Rafting, canyoneering a many of our other adventures involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable, filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and a variety of other wildlife
- Landslides, falling rocks, and sudden flash floods are possible and river levels vary often, your guides may not be held responsible for any of the above