My Guide Website?
Celeste River and Tenorio Volcano Full-Day Hiking Tour2 Reviews
Hike the tropical paths of the Tenorio Volcano National Park to see the startling light blue waters of the Rio Celeste and waterfalls. Look for exotic flora and fauna, and walk to the furnace vents.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Jaco Beach: ATV Tour with Waterfall Stop
- Manuel Antonio: Natural Mangrove Guided Boat Tour and Drinks
- Manuel Antonio: Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
- Jaco: 1500ft Tandem Paragliding Flight with Beach Views
- San José: Guided Gastronomy and History Walking Tour
- Hike the tropical paths of the Tenorio Volcano National Park
- Discover how the River Celeste got its name
- Look for exotic rainforest flora and fauna
- Admire the light blues waters where 2 streams converge
- Enjoy an exquisite lunch as reward for your hike
DescriptionAccording to legend, after God had finished painting the sky, he washed his brushes in Costa Rica’s Rio Celeste, a magnificent river of light blue water that snakes its way through the Tenorio Volcano National Park. Experience this startling phenomenon of nature on a 10-hour hiking tour from towns and villages in the Arenal Volcano area. You will start your 5-mile hike through a lush carpet of rainforest, looking either side at the fauna and flora of the unique ecosystem, and up at the canopy of cloud forest. Eventually, you will arrive at Los Teñideros, where 2 streams of crystalline water come together to form a heavenly color that gives the river Celeste its name. Continue through the jungle to the volcano’s furnace vents, which expel gases at extremely high temperatures. On your descent, stop at the spectacular Rio Celeste waterfall, where the watercolor is one of a kind! Your final reward is an exquisite lunch at the end of your hike.
IncludesTransportation Naturalist guide Beverages Lunch Entrance fee to park
- Please wear long pants and hiking shoes, and bring insect repellent, your camera and binoculars
- This tour is recommended for people in excellent physical shape