My Guide Website?
From San Jose: Irazu Volcano Crater Hike and Cartago Trip26 Reviews
Hike to the summit of the Irazu Volcano on a guided day trip from San Jose. Admire views of the crater and its mystical lagoon before visiting the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels in Cartago.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Manuel Antonio: Natural Mangrove Guided Boat Tour and Drinks
- San Jose: Tortuguero Park Day Tour with Breakfast & Lunch
- El Castillo: Lake Arenal Standup Paddleboard or Kayak Rental
- Guanacaste Airport: Transfer to/from Papagayo Hyatt Hotel
- San Jose: Doka, Grecia & Sarchi Oxcart Factories and Stores
- Feel the awe of gazing into the emerald lagoon within the crater
- Experience breathtaking views from the summit of Irazu Volcano
- Be charmed by coffee plantations and ferns as you hike to the summit
- Learn about the history of Cartago a famous site for pilgrims
- Admire stained glass windows in the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels
DescriptionDiscover the highest volcano in Costa Rica on a hiking tour from San Jose. Trek through breathtaking scenery to reach the summit of the Irazú Volcano and gaze into the emerald lagoon in its crater. Departing from San Jose, take the South Panamerican Highway to start the ascent toward Irazú Volcano National Park (entry included). The winding road travels through fertile lands cultivated with all kinds of vegetables. On the top of the volcano, observe the main craters and, on a clear day, the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Afterward, descend to the city of Cartago and stop at the Virgin of the Angels Basilica.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Air-conditioned transportation Tour guide Irazú Volcano entry
- •Children must be accompanied by an adult. •Infant seats available prior notification.