My Guide Website?
From the Alajuela Province: Salsa Dance Class
Join a salsa dance class and experience Costa Rican culture as you move to the rhythm. Learn the steps with the support of an instructor and enjoy hotel transfers from the Alajuela Province.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Jaco Beach: ATV Tour with Waterfall Stop
- Manuel Antonio: Natural Mangrove Guided Boat Tour and Drinks
- Manuel Antonio: Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
- Jaco: 1500ft Tandem Paragliding Flight with Beach Views
- San José: Guided Gastronomy and History Walking Tour
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rica's vibrant and friendly culture.
- Have an unique experience with the different musical rhythms and types of music.
- Have an amazing time while learning how to dance.
DescriptionYou will get to immerse yourself in Costa Rica's vibrant and friendly culture by learning to Dance Like a Local! Be sure to sign up for our Dance Lessons with a local instructor to get your feet moving to the beats of merengue, salsa, cumbia, and a Costa Rican favorite: bachata. This is a small-group experience so you can get the most out of your class. Our Salsa Dance Lessons offer a unique opportunity to experience Costa Rican culture and get your feet moving to some tropical beats! Plus it makes for a great workout and you'll make new friends with your new dance skills! We have local instructors who take their time to walk you through the steps of some of the most popular types of dance in Costa Rica. Most Costa Ricans learn to dance from an early age and one could say 'it's in their blood...' Merengue is probably the style of music you'll hear most often around Costa Rica and probably the easiest to learn how to dance to. It's a quick two-step pattern and the man is responsible for directing the woman with his right hand back and forth. Cumbia is believed to come from Colombia, but Costa Ricans have put their own twist on how to dance to it. It's a mostly sideways step in a 1-2-3-4 count that Costa Ricans call the 'Swing Criollo' that adds a special bounce on the step and goes a little faster. And then there's Salsa... the sexiest of Latin dancing that originated in Cuba - when you get to the Salsa part of the lesson, you'll be doing spins and turns! So, once you take one of our Salsa Dance Lessons, you'll feel completely comfortable out on the dance floor at any of our bars, nightclubs, and 'Discos' around Costa Rica. Salsa Lesson Logistics: 1) You get picked up from your hotel and taken to a gorgeous location just outside of the town of La Fortuna 2) You'll meet your experienced Salsa Dance Instructor 3) Your instructor will start giving you some instructions on foot placement and understanding the different musical rhythms and types of music. 4) You can order a wine or beer for an extra cost 5) Practice your moves a bit more 6) Feel free to head out to the local disco and show off your new moves! Your instructor can recommend a local disco for you to check out afterward so you can get used to what you learned in your salsa dance lesson! Phone number: +506 24790020
IncludesTransport Local dance instructor
- Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond our control, we may change to a more suitable tour with equal or similar adventure appeal. We reserve the right to cancel due to unsafe conditions and will only run according to established company policies. A full refund is given if no tour is run. If you take medication and need it with you or have other medical concerns, please inform your guide.