My Guide Website?
Alajuela: 4-Hour Arenal Rainforest Trek
Challenge yourself on a 4-hour trek around the Arenal Volcano. Hike through the verdant rainforest of North Costa Rica, taking in beautiful landscapes and learning about different flora and fauna.
- Trek through the tropical rainforest surrounding Costa Rica's most famous volcano
- Spot varied native wildlife and learn about the different rainforest habitats
- Enjoy lunch in the forest like Costa Rican farmers once did
DescriptionGo on the ultimate eco-adventure trek that will bring you face-to-face with the beautiful Arenal Volcano. Rely on a knowledgeable naturalist guide to introduce you to the spectacular landscapes and wildlife of the North Costa Rican tropical rainforest. Trek 12 km along a circular trail that leads you around the base of Arenal Volcano and by the edge of the Arenal River. Check out the rapid regeneration of the forest as it grows on top of lava rock. See gallery forest, primary forest, and river forest, and the combination of different habitats available to the impressive range of native wildlife. As you hike, listen as your guide shares with you the history of Arenal Volcano as well as the local people. Enjoy a delicious box lunch in the forest to give you the fuel you need to complete the trek.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in zone 1 Entrance fees
- This tour is physically demanding and not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please be ready 10 minutes before your pickup time
- Your shoes may get wet
- You may leave extra things in the van