My Guide Website?
San José: Guided Walking Tour With Lunch and Hotel Pickup
Immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and history on a walking tour of the capital city San José. Learn about the Pre-Columbian gold era, visit the main historical attractions, then stop for lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savor the sights and smells of San José’s market and purchase some local snacks
- Take a stroll around Central Park and learn about the National Monument statue
- Stroll around the National Theater and admire the European-style architecture
- Pass by the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, National Museum, and Supreme Court
- Relax knowing that transportation to and from your hotel is taken care of
DescriptionGet to know San José on a guided walking tour. Get picked up from your hotel in Alajuela, then head to the most popular attractions to learn about the city’s history and culture. Visit Central Park, the National Theater, and more. Round off your day with lunch at a local restaurant. Begin your tour by getting picked up directly from your hotel by your bilingual guide. Arrive at San José's outdoor Central Market, where the walking tour will start. Take in the atmosphere, buy local goods and food (not included in the price), and mingle with the locals. Next, wander over to Central Park. Witness the famous National Monument, a statue of five women that symbolizes the five Central American nations that resisted having their countries recolonized. Continue walking and pass by the National Museum as well as the Supreme Court. Head over to the National Theater and see San José's most impressive structures. Follow your guide around the lavish lobby in European design, which was constructed with money from taxes on coffee exports. Continue on to the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, and marvel at the building from the outside. At the end of the tour, stop off at a nearby eatery for lunch and chow down on some traditional Costa Rican dishes. Use the opportunity to ask your guide any questions you may have about the city’s history and culture. Finally, hop back on the bus and get dropped back at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour Bilingual guide Water Lunch
- If you need transportation please provide the pick-up location (hotel or identifiable landmark) so we can give you an approximate pick-up time. Otherwise, we can’t provide transportation since we don't know where to find you. On the other hand, if you have your own transportation please let us know so we can provide you with the location that you need to drive to and the time that you need to be there to start this great expedition.
- It is possible that your pick-up location might be out of route and there would be an extra pick-up/drop-off fee, or it might not be offered from your specific location. If this information is not provided at the time of booking or at least 24 hours before the tour starts, there is a risk of a last-minute service cancellation due to availability or any circumstance beyond our control, and Faro Travel will not be responsible for the loss of any service.