My Guide Website?
San Jose: Discover Sights and Delights with a Local24 Reviews
Experience Costa Rica through its local food and herbal remedies on a food tour of San Jose. Visit markets to get inside knowledge about exotic fruits and vegetables. Stop for a cup of coffee and stroll the streets with a local to learn about daily life.
- Discover the secrets of San Jose's Borbon Market and Central Market
- Become an expert on more than 30 local exotic fruits and vegetables
- Savor seasonal foods and organic coffee
- See a side to San Jose known only to locals on a shared group or private tour
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionJoin your guide for a morning pick-me-up coffee at a café in Borbon Market, where you'll get to know your guide. From here, stroll through the vibrant market and taste the local fruits. Learn the agricultural history of the area as you stop at stands such as a coffee stall. Hear all about the Costa Rican chorreado method of brewing coffee. Go to a stand that sells folk medicine and learn about cures for everything from a hangover to a broken heart. Next, visit Central Market and immerse yourself in the life of the 120-year-old building. Sample local delicacies from Costa Rica at a market full to the brim with food and drinks. Learn more about the herbs used in local medicines or sip on your second coffee of the day. With a local guide by your side, you’ll unearth all the secrets behind this San Jose treasure. By the time you end your tour at Central Market, you will be full of local knowledge. Perhaps you will have even picked up some of the local lingo along the way!
IncludesLocal, English-speaking guide Food samples
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices Dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please note these on the check-out page at the time of booking Children must be 6 to 11 years old inclusive. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour Tours are conducted in English Maximum group size is 12 people