My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Danaus Ecological Park and Butterfly Garden Tour
Explore the Ecocentro Danaus, a private ecological reserve for conservation, environmental education and sustainable production. Discover a botanical garden with more than 600 species of plants and a butterfly garden on a small-group tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Jaco Beach: ATV Tour with Waterfall Stop
- Manuel Antonio: Natural Mangrove Guided Boat Tour and Drinks
- Manuel Antonio: Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
- Jaco: 1500ft Tandem Paragliding Flight with Beach Views
- San José: Guided Gastronomy and History Walking Tour
- Walk a circuit path through a secondary forest in regeneration
- Learn about national biodiversity through eco-friendly management
- Observe a wide variety of plants and wildlife in their natural habitat
DescriptionAfter pickup in your hotel zone in La Fortuna, head to Ecocentro Danaus, a private ecological reserve where programs for conservation, training, environmental education, and sustainable production are developed. This small ecological reserve regenerated naturally thanks to the efforts of a group of people concerned about environmental conversation and education for children and adults. This wonderful project has greatly contributed to the sustainable tourism development of La Fortuna. Take a circuit path through a secondary forest in regeneration. The trail is suitable for anyone. Along the way, discover a botanical garden with more than 600 species of plants, a butterfly garden with more than 40 species, areas designated to the natural reproduction of frogs, medicinal plant gardens, and a wetland declared as a site of national importance for the nesting and observation of aquatic birds. In addition to these sites, the entire trail provides excellent observation points to see wildlife in rejuvenation; frogs, butterflies, snakes, turtles, alligators, sloths, basilisk lizards, agoutis, and birds are normally seen in this place. End the tour with a quick visit to the Eco Center souvenir shop where you will have a delicious snack of fresh fruit.
IncludesHotel pickup from La Fortuna, from Zones 1, 2 and 3 (depending on the option chosen) Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan with WiFi Bilingual naturalist guide Reserve entrance fees Bottled mineral water Fresh fruit snacks Insurance
- Please, pay attention to your pickup zone selection; you must choose correctly where your hotel is located:
- Zone 1 Hotels: La Fortuna Town, Arenal Country, Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, Los Lagos, Volcano Lodge, Volcano Inn, Arenal Springs, Arenal Manoa, Arenal Paraíso, Montaña de Fuego, Kokoro, Campo Verde, Carlos Lodge, Tacotal, Kioro, Tabacón, Mountain Paradise, Arenal Nayara, Villas Eco Arenal, Silencio del Campo, Royal Corin, Baldi Hot Springs, La Pradera del Arenal, Magic Mountain, Lomas del Volcan • Zone 2 Hotels: Arenal, El Tanque Airport, Lost Iguana, Arenal Lodge, El Bosque, The Springs Resort • Zone 3 Hotels: Arenal Observatorio Lodge, El Castillo Town, Chachagua Town, Muelle San Carlos Town