My Guide Website?
- Discover the secrets of herbal remedies at Borbon and San Jose Central Market
- Savor Costa Rica's famous organic coffee at a special coffee tasting
- See a side of San Jose known only by locals and not found in guidebooks
- Cook your own plantain empanada, cafe chorreado, and enjoy a Costa Rican tamal
- Enjoy luggage storage so you can experience this tour hands-free
DescriptionGet up close and personal with Costa Rican life, through local food, history, and even the herbal remedies of folk medicine. Enjoy a hands-on lesson on exotic plants, fruits, and vegetables, and enjoy several local food samples on this guided tour. Stroll through the streets with a local as they show you the ins-and-outs of daily life. Start with a morning pick-me-up coffee in a café located in the Central Market. Then, take a stroll through the vibrant market, tasting local fresh fruits. Next, sample empanadas and continue along local roads towards the Borbon Market. Seeing diverse sites the Cathedral, National Theater, and the beautiful parks will help you get to know the country and its rich history. Finally, visit a special coffee store where you will find coffee and chocolates produced by women. Learn to prepare coffee, enjoy a tamal, and make plantain empanadas before concluding your tour.
IncludesGuide Food samples (seasonal fruits, empanada, and Costa Rican tamal) Local drinks (Agua de Sapo) Tarrazu coffee tasting Plantain empanada cooking class
- This tour will take place rain or shine
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Save up to 5%
Reserve Your Experience
From $29.00$27.55Buy Tickets!