My Guide Website?
San Jose: Sarapiqui Class 3&4 Rafting to La Fortuna Arena2 Reviews
Add some adventure to your day of travel between La Fortuna Arenal and San Jose and go whitewater rafting on the way. Enjoy one of Costa Rica's top rivers for rafting and take on class 3 and 4 rapids.
- Experience over 40 exciting rapids along 22 kilometers of lush, vibrant rainforest
- Keep a look out for monkeys, iguanas, and other wildlife
- Savor a traditional Costa Rican lunch complete with gourmet coffee
- Make the most of your travel day between San Jose and La Fortuna
DescriptionBring on the adrenaline and enjoy the “Jungle Run” on the Sarapiqui River, the perfect rafting trip for adventurous paddlers. Join the tour on your way from San Jose to La Fortuna or from La Fortuna to San Jose and spend the day taking on challenging rapids and admiring jungle wildlife. The day beings with pickup from select locations in San Jose or La Fortuna. Travel through small Costa Rican villages to the quaint town of San Miguel to start your rafting experience, passing La Virgen and finishing up in El Roble de Sarapiquí. Here, your professional guide will give you the 101 on rafting, including safety tips and technical instructions before starting your 3.5-hour journey down the Sarapiqui River on a full-day rafting adventure. Experience over 40 exciting rapids along nearly 22 kilometers of lush, vibrant rainforest. Make your way through exciting rapids like “The Pipeline”, “The Terminator”, and “Dos Locos”, that will be sure to get your adrenaline pumping. About halfway down the Sarapiqui River, you’ll stop and watch the rapids from the shore, while enjoying tropical fruit and relaxing with the rest of the group. Then, after the second leg of your journey, take out right at the Red-Eyed Frog Restaurant, located on the Sarapiqui River. Savor a typical Costa Rican casado (rice with beans, plantain, and meat) and some gourmet coffee. After lunch, take advantage of the showers and changing rooms on-site before continuing on your journey.
IncludesPickup from select locations in San Jose and La Fortuna Drop-off at select locations in San Jose and La Fortuna Air-conditioned transfers WiFi on board Tropical fruit snack Lunch Helmet, paddle, rafting boat, life jacket
- This tour operates rain or shine
- For reasons beyond their control (river and weather conditions, etc.), your guides may change to a tour with an equal or similar difficulty rating
- The local partner reserves the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies
- Full refunds are given in the event of cancellation by the local partner
- Rafting and canyoneering involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury
- If you take medications such as allergy pills and need to take them during the tour, please inform your guide
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable and filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and a variety of other wildlife