Best Local Restaurants in Costa Rica
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Costa Rica team
The traditional food in Costa Rica revolves around rice and black beans (comida tipica) and the "casado" which consists of a meat, chicken or fish mixed with rice and fresh vegetables. Each dish generally has fresh fruit or a salad added on menus.
While it may sound pretty boring, it is rich in fiber and depending on preparation techniques is healthy and filling. Costa Ricans are experts at preparing ceviche, patacones, fried yuca and empanadas. The South Caribbean cuisine will offer a variety of spicy dishes with their own cultural flair, both were trying while you travel around Costa Rica.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Jaco Beach: ATV Tour with Waterfall Stop
- Manuel Antonio: Natural Mangrove Guided Boat Tour and Drinks
- Manuel Antonio: Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
- Jaco: 1500ft Tandem Paragliding Flight with Beach Views
- San José: Guided Gastronomy and History Walking Tour