My Guide Website?
Small-Group Blue River & Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike9 Reviews
Hike the Celeste River on the Tenorio Volcano of the Arenal Tilaran Conservation Area on a 8-hour tour from La Fortuna. See fumaroles and turquoise waterfalls, and visit the brilliant Los Teñideros, where the crystalline waters of 2 streams meet.
- Hike to the crystalline waters of Los Teñideros
- See the mud filled fumaroles of Las Ollas
- Marvel at the natural beauty of the Tenorio Volcano National Park
- Walk along the banks of the Rio Celeste
- Go to the turquoise Rio Celeste Waterfall
- Experience the celestial beauty of the River Celeste
DescriptionDiscover one of the most amazing sights in Costa Rica on a full-day tour of the Tenorio Volcano National Park, part of the Arenal Tilaran Conservation Area, including a 3.5-hour hike to the crystalline waters of Los Teñideros in the Celeste River. Marvel at the magnificent turquoise waters and surrounding nature of the Rio Celeste. Located on the flanks of the Tenorio Volcano, the river is unique in Costa Rica and astounds visitors with its natural beauty. A circuit trail of 4.2 miles (7 kilometers) will take you through the forest, passing scenic spots such as Los Teñideros, where the river acquires a different color due to the chemical reactions. Visit the mud-filled fumaroles of Las Ollas (“Cooking Pots”), legendary for their healing properties. Continue to a startling turquoise waterfall of the Rio Celeste, before heading back along the banks of the river, enjoying the bubbling water and the nature surrounding you along the way. Finish your tour of one of the most interesting places in Costa Rica with a delicious lunch.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned van Certified nature guide Chocolates and hydrating snacks Water Lunch Supportive nature material Entrance fee
- Tours cancelled up to 24 hours in advance are offered a full refund. For cancellations on the day of the tour there is no refund
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 paying adults
- This tours is recommended for those in good physical condition. The length of the hike is 3.5 hours
- Please bring hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, a swim suit, towel, raincoat, and insect repellent