My Guide Website?
San José: Guided Gastronomy and History Walking Tour4 Reviews
Enjoy Costa Rican gastronomy and learn about history and traditions on this entertaining gastronomical walking tour. Learn about dishes from your guide and see the city as you go between eating spots.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Manuel Antonio: Natural Mangrove Guided Boat Tour and Drinks
- San Jose: Tortuguero Park Day Tour with Breakfast & Lunch
- El Castillo: Lake Arenal Standup Paddleboard or Kayak Rental
- Guanacaste Airport: Transfer to/from Papagayo Hyatt Hotel
- San Jose: Doka, Grecia & Sarchi Oxcart Factories and Stores
- Savor Costa Rican traditional cuisine while walking around the city
- Learn about the city's history from your guide, and take in local neighborhoods
- Taste local chocolate, savory modern Costa Rican food, and ice cream
- See the Barrio Escalante, one of the trendy neighborhoods of San Jose
- Take in the National Theatre's lobby, San José greatest architectural jewel
DescriptionEnjoy the beautiful east side of the city and get food tastings around the city with the expertise of a local guide. Taste local chocolate, 2 traditional dishes to sample, and dessert. Start at the National Theatre's lobby. Afterward, visit Steinvorth building, one of the hidden gems in the heart of San José. Here, sample a native cacao preparation, produced in Costa Rica. Next, stop at a nice Mesoamerican cuisine restaurant where you can try a very tasty 'Chifrijo', a local soup-like that includes chicharron beef one of the staples of Costa Rican food. Then, continue to Barrio Escalante, a trendy neighborhood of San Jose. Try traditional Costa Rican tacos, called gallos, made with a delicious tortilla and assorted ingredients. Finally, stop in for ice cream as dessert. Walk around Escalante as you eat, admiring the early 20th-century architecture. If you like we can finish at the cute France Park, from where you can safely return to your hotel.
IncludesGuide Tasting of traditional Costa Rican food
- Please inform us about any dietary restrictions/allergies before the day of the tour
- Restaurants and dishes in the description are subject to seasonal changes