My Guide Website?
San José: Guided Gastronomy and History Walking Tour2 Reviews
Enjoy Costa Rican gastronomy and learn about history and traditions on this entertaining gastronomical walking tour. Learn about dishes from your guide and see the city as you go between eating spots.
- Savor Costa Rican traditional cuisine while walking around the city
- Learn about the city's history from your guide, and take in local neighborhoods
- Taste local chocolate, savory modern Costa Rican food, and ice cream
- See the Barrio Escalante, one of the trendy neighborhoods of San Jose
- Take in the National Theatre's lobby, San José greatest architectural jewel
DescriptionEnjoy the beautiful east side of the city and get food tastings around the city with the expertise of a local guide. Taste local chocolate, 2 traditional dishes to sample, and dessert. Start at the National Theatre's lobby. Afterward, visit Steinvorth building, one of the hidden gems in the heart of San José. Here, sample a native cacao preparation, produced in Costa Rica. Next, stop at a traditional Costa Rican food restaurant where you can try a typical 'Olla de Carne', a local soup that includes beef and assorted vegetables. Continue to a modern restaurant to taste a fusion of traditional food and modern dishes. Then, continue to Barrio Escalante, a trendy neighborhood of San Jose. Try traditional Costa Rican tacos, called gallos, made with a delicious tortilla and assorted ingredients. Finally, stop in for ice cream as dessert. Walk around Escalante as you eat, admiring the early 20th-century architecture. Finish at the cute France Park, from where you can safely return to your hotel.
IncludesGuide Tasting of traditional Costa Rican food
- Please inform us about any dietary restrictions/allergies before the day of the tour
- Restaurants and dishes in the description are subject to seasonal changes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$60.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today