My Guide Website?
San José: Coffee Production Tour and Tasting
Learn about the production of Costa Rican coffee, from bean to cup, on a guided half-day tour. Visit a sustainable coffee plantation and roasting plant in San José, before finishing with a tasting.
- Sample delicious coffees with the guidance of an expert taster
- Follow the entire coffee production process from bean to cup
- Visit a sustainable coffee plantation in San José
- Uncover the skills and techniques that go into a perfect cup of coffee
- Learn about the history of coffee production in Costa Rica
DescriptionImmerse yourself in the world of Costa Rican coffee as you learn about all the processes, skills and passion that go into a perfect cup. Visit a sustainable plantation, roaster and learn about coffee’s subtle characteristics from an expert taster. After being picked up from your hotel in San José, your tour will begin at a plantation, where the beans start out as seedlings. Your expert guide will take you through the phases of coffee growing and teach you about the practices and techniques they use to produce the beans in a sustainable way. The tour continues at the roasting plant, where an expert taster will take you through all the characteristics they look for when choosing the perfect grains to roast. You’ll get the opportunity to roast your own coffee sample and directly experience how the beans change during the process. Next will be a demonstration of ‘cupping’, the process of exploring the tastes and aromas of a coffee batch once it is brewed. You'll be able to enjoy a coffee tasting, accompanied by an assortment of delicious chocolates, as well as full lunch.
IncludesLunch Guide Coffee tasting Chocolate tasting Hotel pickup and dropoff
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 travelers.