My Guide Website?
San José: Arenal Volcano, Waterfalls, Coffee and Hot Springs50 Reviews
Explore the Arenal Volcano area on a more scenic route than the traditional highway. Admire views of plantations, waterfalls, jungles, wildlife, and rustic towns, learn about Costa Rican coffee and native culture, and relax in the mineral hot springs.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a full-day tour to the Arenal Volcano and hot springs
- Observe waterfalls, wildlife and a coffee plantation
- Learn about Costa Rican coffee and taste a freshly brewed cup with local snacks
- Eat lunch at La Fortuna with great views of Arenal Volcano
- Relax in the thermal pools with different temperatures
DescriptionStart your tour in the morning when you are picked up from your hotel in the San Jose area in an air-conditioned vehicle. Travel to Arenal on an alternative route that is more scenic than the regular highway to this popular destination. On the way, stop at a plantation where you will learn about the coffee of Costa Rica. Observe the coffee plants and see the workers picking the ripe cherries during the harvest season. Learn about this important product to the local economy and taste a freshly brewed cup of some of the best coffee in the world accompanied by traditional snacks. Continue the tour at the famous La Paz Waterfall. Stop at the San Fernando Waterfall look-out point and observe many exotic birds including toucans, hummingbirds, and many other colorful tropical species. Visit the iguana’s center, a place where you will see lots of iguanas at eye level resting on the top of numerous trees. Following this, arrive at the Town of La Fortuna, and enjoy a delicious Costa Rican lunch in a restaurant located at the base of the impressive Arenal Volcano. After lunch, visit various points around the volcano to take pictures of this amazing mountain on clear days. Next, participate in an indigenous presentation performed by native people from the Maleku Tribe, and learn about the native culture of Costa Ricans. Later, travel to the beautiful Paradise Hot Springs Resort and relax for a few hours in the multiple hot springs pools surrounded by lush tropical gardens. This hot springs facility is one of the best in the Arenal area and provides the perfect environment to relax in thermal mineral water pools, jacuzzis and cascading waterfalls. After this, go to a local typical restaurant to have a delicious Costa Rican dinner before you are taken back to your hotel in the San Jose area.
IncludesTransport by air-conditioned vehicle Hotel pickup and drop-off from most San Jose area hotels Professional bilingual guide Lunch and dinner Coffee tasting with local snacks All entrance fees Visits to La Paz Waterfall, San Fernando Waterfall, exotic bird gallery, coffee plantation, and iguana center
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- The tour may be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- No walking is involved
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour includes manmade hot springs pools, filled with natural thermal water
- Hotel pickups commence approx. 30-60 minutes prior to tour time, the exact pickup time will be advised on confirmation. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Arenal-La Fortuna is available. If you choose this option, dinner will not be included because it’s in a restaurant on the way back to San Jose. Also, there is an extra charge for drop-offs with luggage, but in the case of this tour it doesn’t apply because the cost of the dinner will cover the drop-off charge
- This tour does not include ziplining/rappelling activities