My Guide Website?
Puerto Limon: Half-Day Tortuguero Canals & Playa Bonita Tour54 Reviews
Discover beautiful Puerto Limon on a half-day tour as you experience its top attractions, such as the Tortuguero Canals, the banana plantation, and Playa Bonita.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From San Jose: Orosi Valley & Lankester Garden Day Tour
- Poás Volcano, Coffee Plantation & La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- La Fortuna: Sarapiqui River Jungle Safari Float
- From San José: Pacuare River White Water Rafting Day Trip
- San Jose One Day: Sarapiqui Class 2&3 Rafting Adventure
- Relax at the beach of Playa Bonita
- Explore the wildlife of the Tortuguero Canals on a covered 1-hour riverboat ride
- Take in stunning views of the natural scenery
- Learn more about the tropical fruits that grow here
DescriptionEnjoy a half-day tour around the Puerto Limon and visit some of its most famous attractions as you learn more about the region from your professional guide. Spot the local wildlife on a 1-hour boat ride on the Tortuguero Canals and feel the sand under your feet at Playa Bonita. Taste fresh fruits from a local fruit stand. As you travel to your first stop in an air-conditioned vehicle, learn from your local guide interesting facts about Costa Rica's Caribbean province. Start off with exploring the Tortuguero Canals on a 1-hour covered boat trip, a fantastic chance to appreciate the rich wildlife of Costa Rica's Caribbean coast. With some luck, you'll be able to see animals such as monkeys, sloths, iguanas, and basilisks, as well as many sorts of birds. Next, head to Playa Bonita, a nice small beach. If the weather is nice and after your guide makes sure you're good to go, feel free to enjoy the waters. Alternatively, sit down and relax or head over to one of the nearby restaurants to enjoy a local dish or a Costa Rican beer (at your own expense). Then, visit a scenic viewpoint where you have a panoramic view of most of Puerto Limon's small city and even the coastline and ship docks. This is a great place for a photo-op. After the breathtaking views, it is time to visit the Fruit Stand to learn about different tropical plants and trees, but also to taste their fresh fruits. As the tour is coming to an end, you can optionally visit a supermarket where you can purchase goods such as top quality coffee at fair local prices. After, you are dropped back in Puerto Limon.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation Multi-lingual Guide Bottled water and juice Free fruit tasting Entry fees
- As groups may vary this might be a multi-lingual tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.