My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Stand-Up Paddle Boarding on Lake Arenal2 Reviews
See Lake Arenal from a new perspective and get an excellent workout on a stand-up paddling adventure at the base of the Arenal Volcano.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the exciting activity of stand-up paddling in the beautiful surroundings of Lake Arenal
- Learn a great new skill and have an active workout
- Walk along the beautiful Arenal Volcano
- Enjoy a tour of Lake Arenal from your surfboard while paddling across its calm waters
DescriptionExperience the best way to explore beautiful Lake Arenal — go stand-up paddling and get amazing views of the colossal Arenal Volcano. You'll feel like you're walking on water as you cross the lake from one side to the next. This activity is perfect for all adventure enthusiasts, including beginning paddlers. Venture to Costa Rica's largest lake and hop on board a private boat. Meet your friendly captain while your adventurous guide provides you with all the necessary gear. As you embark on your journey out to the middle of Lake Arenal, you’ll be blown away by the natural beauty of Arenal Volcano. When you reach the middle of the lake, your guide will give you plenty of safety instructions and plunk your board into the water. Paddle out on your knees, and when you are ready, stand up, find your balance, and begin crossing the calm waters. About halfway through the tour, make a short stop on an island for amazing scenic views. After 2.5 hours of paddling, finish your day at the new Pedal and Paddle Adventure store located in the small town of El Foforo on the other side of the lake. Change into dry clothes and fuel up with a refreshing and well-deserved snack before heading back to your hotel.
IncludesSnack Paddleboard equipment and paddling instructions Transport via van and boat
- Tours run rain or shine. In the event of poor weather conditions, changes may be made to a more suitable, but similar, tour. Any trip may be canceled due to unsafe conditions This tour involves some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition. If you take medication, such as allergy pills, and need them with you, or have other medical concerns, please inform the guide. Costa Rica's natural environment is filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks, and sudden flash floods are possible. The local partner cannot be held responsible for any of the above. The local partner has a comprehensive civil-responsibility insurance policy, a contract with a specialized paramedics company, and guides and drivers are trained in first aid and CPR in case of emergency. However, it is highly recommended you have your own travel insurance.