My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Small Group Half–Day Campesino Farm Experience
Join a farm experience in Costa Rica apt for the whole family. Enjoy a demonstration of moonshine-making techniques, and share your day with a traditional Costa Rican family.
- Visit a traditional Costa Rican farm family
- Experience milking cows and taste-testing dairy products
- See a demonstration of moonshine-making techniques
- Savor a traditional lunch prepared with farm-fresh ingredients
DescriptionA short 10-minute drive from La Fortuna, head to the Agro-ecological Farm in the small town of Agua Azul. As you arrive, enjoy a fresh fruit juice and an informative explanation of the farm’s main objectives, including promoting the sustainable use of natural resources and preserving Costa Rican traditions. After this warm welcome, learn to milk the cows. Have the opportunity to give it a try, especially any children will enjoy this experience. Next, taste-test homemade liquor, chocolate, and fresh milk while you observe the alambique, the artisanal liquor distillation process. Afterwards, participate in the sugar cane extraction to obtain a delicious juice and then try it alone, with spearmint, liquor, or other of the farm’s organic products. Visit a small archeological ranch to observe some ancient indigenous pieces and put them to work in the artisanal process of making chocolate from the cocoa fruit to delicious chocolate. Finally, walk through and admire the orchid and medicinal plant gardens. After the journey, enjoy farm-fresh favorites like coffee, cheese, tortillas, and more.
IncludesTransportation from most La Fortuna hotels in air-conditioned mini-van with free Wi-Fi Bilingual naturalist guide Farm entrance fee Bottled mineral water, snacks, traditional lunch
- Price per person (USD)
- Minimum 2 adults to operate tour
- No minimum age, children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option available, please request at time of reservation
- Bilingual tour operated in English and Spanish