My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Small-Group Arenal Volcano Expedition12 Reviews
Hike the trails of Arenal Volcano and enter a tropical forest. See areas devastated by the fury of Arenal Volcano. Discover characteristic flora and fauna with the help of a guide. Then, enjoy some free time at the area's hot springs.
- Take a tour of The Silencio Arenal Park and walk past lava flows
- See areas that have been devastated by the eruptions of Arenal Volcano
- Get incredible views of the volcano, Arenal Lagoon and the Tilarán mountains
- Hear explanations of the history, active cycles and geological formation of Arenal
- Go to the hot springs of your choice for an optional bathe
DescriptionThe tour begins at your hotel’s lobby, where you will head to El Silencio Private Reserve, in order to reach as close to the Arenal Volcano as permitted by car. From there, you will begin a 1 km walk along a trail of volcanic rock (rated as only moderate in difficulty) to reach the observation point, which is the closest possible distance you can be to the base of the volcano. At the observation point, your guide will provide interesting information regarding the formation of the Arenal Volcano, its periods of activity, and unedited details of its major eruption in 1968, as well as giving you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible views of the Arenal Volcano and the Arenal Lake. Afterwards, you will begin your return trip down the same trail to the starting point. For the next stage of the expedition, you will change scenery and enter into the regenerating forest and small area of primary rainforest found at the base of the Arenal Volcano. This trail is about 1.5 km in length, and with a little luck, you will have the opportunity to discover a large variety of flora and fauna, including toucans, wild turkeys, orioles, wild boars, snakes, and monkeys. After the trails, your driver will be waiting for you with a delicious snack of tropical fruit, before returning you to your hotel in La Fortuna to enjoy the remainder of your stay. If you prefer, you can visit the hot springs of your choice for approximately 3 hours, for an additional cost. After having time to enjoy these natural thermal waters, you will be picked up in a modern mini-van to take you to your hotel.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned van Pick-up from hotels listed in the pick-up details Park entrance Certified nature guide Water Material with supporting information
- Please bring hiking shoes or sneakers, comfortable clothes, a raincoat, insect repellent, your bathing suit and a towel (for the hot springs) • Bookings can be canceled up to 24 hours in advance at no charge. For cancellations on the day of the tour, a 100% cancellation fee applies • Tours operate with a minimum of 2 paying adults
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$74.75Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today