My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Rainforest Chocolate Tour85 Reviews
Experience a hands-on program, that lets you eat all the chocolate you want. Discover the ancient secrets of chocolate: from its discovery and use in tropical America to the processing of the product we know and enjoy today.
- Experience a rainforest chocolate tour from La Fortuna
- Enjoy a hands-on chocolate experience
- Learn about the 'Gift of the Gods' — the cacao tree — and the production and harvesting of chocolate
- Visit a farm where cocoa is grown, processed, and produced
- Admire the views of the majestic Arenal Volcano
DescriptionVisit a cocoa farm in the rainforest with majestic views of Arenal Volcano. See where cocoa is grown, processed and produced and unearth the hidden secrets of local chocolate production. This interactive experience lets travelers eat as much chocolate as they want while learning about the history, culture, and traditions of this popular Costa Rican sweet. In this 2-hour hands-on program, have the opportunity to learn interesting facts about cocoa and chocolate, its origin and history. Participate in all aspects of the production process, from the harvesting of the fruit, drying, and grinding of the seeds. Discover why the cacao tree was very important to ancient cultures. Find out how cacao was not only used as a ceremonial drink, but its seeds were also used as currency because of its economic value, in many regions of Mesoamerica, including Costa Rica.
IncludesChocolate tasting Professional guide Guided tour of Rainforest Chocolate estate Admission fees Food tasting Live tour commentary provided in English or Spanish Local taxes
- • Wheelchair accessible • Children must be accompanied by an adult • Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers per time slot; if by any chance the time you choose has already reached the maximum, the local partner will be getting in touch for adjusting you to the closest available group
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$30.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today