My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Ecocentro Danaus biological Reserve Guided Tour6 Reviews
Explore the Ecocentro Danaus Biological Reserve with a knowledgeable guide and observe local wildlife such as sloths, birds, and butterflies as you walk through the forest.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about Costa Rican ecosystem from naturalist tour guide
- Visit the best places to spot sloths in their natural environment
- Enjoy a short and easy experience for all kind of audience
- See Costa Rican wildlife in the relaxed setting of a private reserve
DescriptionEnjoy a 2-hour guided walk through Ecocentro Danaus Reserve with a naturalist tour guide who will help you spot the local wildlife as well as tell you more about the Costa Rican ecosystem. Discover a wide variety of flora and fauna along the easy trail in the forest reserve. This biological reserve is located just few miles outside of La Fortuna, near Arenal Volcano. The Ecocentro works with conservation programs, with training on environmental education and sustainable use of the land. We will take you through a secondary forest, and you will be able to see a wide variety of plant and animal life in a relatively small area. Trails are quite easy, and you will appreciate a diversity of plants, amphibians, mammals, reptiles, insects, among others with the assistance of a well-trained naturalist guide. Trail runs 600 meters in a circular shape and is accessible to all audiences. The ecological reserve additionally has another path of about 350 meters of natural regeneration that culminates in a tree nursery. During this tour, you can see a butterflies farm and a natural lagoon, visit the Maleku Indigenous Cultural House, a garden of orchids, do some bird watching, and have the chance to see and photograph wildlife.
IncludesBilingual Naturalist Tour Guide Entry fee and Taxes Shared Pineapple, served Fresh!
- Tour is with guides from the Ecocenter; your selected time is fixed and cannot be changed for another time slot
- Tour subject to weather conditions
- Walking distance half a mile but takes around 2 hours to explain / walk / spot wildlife