My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Arenal Volcano Hike (The petrified Lava Trail)2 Reviews
Enjoy an easy hike along the Los Tucanes Trail of the Arenal Volcano. Learn about the natural history of the region and the Arenal Volcano National Park as you admire the scenic views.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From San Jose: Orosi Valley & Lankester Garden Day Tour
- Poás Volcano, Coffee Plantation & La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- La Fortuna: Sarapiqui River Jungle Safari Float
- From San José: Pacuare River White Water Rafting Day Trip
- San Jose One Day: Sarapiqui Class 2&3 Rafting Adventure
- Take in panoramic views of the Arenal Volcan from the observation deck
- Discover the history, nature and amazing landscapes
- Explore the petrified lava trail and surroundings
DescriptionThis is an easy walk full of history, nature and amazing landscapes. Perfect for the whole family. The Arenal Volcano Tour starts with a drive to the western side of the volcano. Once there, we will start on a hike through Los Tucanes Trail, which crosses the rain forest and goes over a large lava flow from 1992. It is possible to observe a great variety of plants, wildlife, and magnificent lava formations. Once on top of the lava flow, you will have a beautiful view of the Arenal Lake. The hike ends at a viewing area where – if weather permits – you will be able to have spectacular scenery of the Arenal Volcano. The tour guided with our experienced guides will provide interesting and educational information regarding the history of the majestic mountain and the Arenal Volcano National Park. The tour ends with a relaxing stop at the hot springs (optional –entrance to the hot springs area is not included)
IncludesPickup/drop off from hotels in La Fortuna area and Tabacon. Bilingual guide Entrance to the park Snacks (Fruits & Water)
- This tour will take place rain or shine.