My Guide Website?
La Fortuna: Arenal Lake Stand-up Paddle Boarding
Take advantage of your time on your way to Monteverde doing one of the newest, most unique, and fun sports around the world: stand-up paddle boarding. You can prepare to paddle across the biggest lake in Costa Rica, Lake Arenal.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience Lake Arenal, from one side to the other
- Take in panoramic views of the Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal
- Explore Lake Arenal and its beautiful bays
DescriptionYour journey starts by traveling from the epic center of La Fortuna with a comfortable transfer accompanied by a friendly driver and knowledgeable guide. Start your unforgettable voyage as you embark on a private boat loaded up with all the necessary gear. You'll meet your amiable captain who will be encouraging you throughout the activity and taking care of your suitcases while your experienced guide teaches you how to stand on the board and provides you with safety instructions. Once you're ready to give it a try your guide will plunk your board into the water and you can start by paddling out on your knees before standing up and finding your balance. You’ll be paddling across the never-to-be-forgotten Lake Arenal and its beautiful bays. The calm water of Lake Arenal is perfect for a smooth and easy experience, allowing you to enjoy the unique scenery. Lake Arenal will offer all of its participants the opportunity to paddle while enjoying an incredible view of the volcano. This is a great activity for people who just want to be out on a freshwater lake while engaging with a new adventure. Your outgoing guide will challenge you with races, games, and even yoga poses, all at the base of the grand Areal Volcano. Later, make a short stop at a fascinating viewpoint which will leave you breathless. You'll paddle for 2.5 hours throughout this stunning adventure, and will later finish your paddling right in front of the adventure store in the small town of El Foforos. There you will have the chance to change into your dry clothes and to fuel up with a refreshing and well-deserved snack. Following that, jump back on board to finish crossing the lake to Rio Chiquito where your reliable and safe vehicle will be waiting for you to take you directly to Monteverde so you can fully relax and enjoy the ride.
IncludesPicnic lunch Tropical fruit Beer Bottled water Tropical juice Transportation via van and boat Air-conditioned vehicle WiFi onboard Paddle-board equipment
- Tours run rain or shine, in the event of poor weather conditions, changes may be made to a more suitable, but similar tour
- This tour involves some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in a good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury
- If you take medication, such as allergy pills, you need them with you
- Costa Rica's natural environment is filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and other wildlife (in addition, landslides, falling rocks, and sudden flash floods are possible and the local partner cannot be held responsible for any of the above)
- The local partner has a comprehensive civil-responsibility insurance policy, a contract with a specialized paramedics company, and guides and drivers are trained in first aid and CPR in case of emergency
- It is highly recommended that you have your own travel insurance