My Guide Website?
From La Fortuna: Family-Friendly Balsa River Rafting2 Reviews
Discover one of the most beautiful rivers in Costa Rica on a rafting experience suitable for families with or without experience. Navigate the waters with the help of an expert, spot exotic wildlife, and enjoy a unique experience on the Balsa River.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Challenge yourself with a rafting adventure on the Balsa River
- Enjoy the beautiful clean waters at one of Costa Rica's most beautiful rivers
- Fill your body with adrenaline during a safe fun experience with expert guides
DescriptionExperience the excitement and adrenaline of white water rafting on the Balsa River with Class II–III rapids, suitable for novice and intermediate rafters. After meeting your guide at your hotel in La Fortuna, take a 1-hour ride to the beautiful river where the adventure begins. Your guide will carefully explain the safety procedures and equipment. Once all participants feel comfortable, the trip will begin with your safety kayaker on board. Enjoy up to 2 hours of exciting whitewater action as you float down the Balsa River, passing through scenic forests and spotting wildlife. Paddle through crashing rapids and emerge on the other side smiling and wet. After experiencing Costa Rica’s water rapids, enjoy a local lunch before returning to the starting point of your tour or choose to be dropped off in downtown La Fortuna.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Safety equipment Fresh fruit Guides and safety kayaker Lunch
- Class II–III rapids are suitable for novice and intermediate rafters
- This river is a great option for families and beginners, although experienced rafters will love this adventure as well
- You will get wet during this tour
- This is a physical activity