My Guide Website?
Drake Bay: Dolphin and Whale Watching Tour
This fascinating Drake Bay expedition takes place on the waters of the Marino Ballena National Park and the coasts of Peninsula Osa nearby Corcovado National Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From San Jose: Orosi Valley & Lankester Garden Day Tour
- Poás Volcano, Coffee Plantation & La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- La Fortuna: Sarapiqui River Jungle Safari Float
- From San José: Pacuare River White Water Rafting Day Trip
- San Jose One Day: Sarapiqui Class 2&3 Rafting Adventure
- Whale watching and dolphin watching in Costa Rica
- Best Tours and Activities in Drake Bay, Costa Rica
- Drake Bay Experts - Tours
- We offer high quality tours of discovery
- We offer adventure tours in Drake Bay, Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
DescriptionThe tour starts at 7:30 AM. We will navigate the most important areas to look for dolphins, whales, sea turtles, sea birds and much more As an important fact, this area is the top place in all of Costa Rica to observe the incredible migration of humpback whales. The Humpback whale and Bryde´s whale are most common in the area. These huge mammals can reach up to 15 meters (50 ft) long; the females are somewhat bigger than the males. Despite their enormous size, they are able to jump out of the water providing a spectacular show for the ones lucky enough to be there at the right time. Another great experience – which is more likely to witness during the tour – is watching the offspring swim and play besides the huge mother whale. Whale watching in Uvita and Drake Bay Costa Rica has 2 seasons, from half July to half November and from half December to March. These seasons are based on the annual migration cycle of the pacific humpback whale. These animals travel from far to visit Marino Ballena in Uvita and Drake Bay. Each year the pacific humpback whales from the southern hemisphere travel from Antarctica to Costa Rica and arrive around the end of July to October. The pacific whales from the northern hemisphere do the same, but they travel from Alaska to Costa Rica and arrive around the end of December. They travel between 5000 km (3100 mi) and 8000 km (5000 mi); twice a year! Whale watching and dolphin watching in Costa Rica, during this tour we can see the humpback whales, spotted dolphins, bottle noses, turtles and sea birds combined with snorkeling in the tail of the whale or whale island where you can see different types of reef fish. In summer it is the best time for snorkeling, This depends on the weather conditions. Uvita Bahía Ballena and Drake Bay are privileged places for the best whale watching in Costa Rica for its warm and safe waters are chosen by these cetaceans.
IncludesBilingual tour guide Water Fresh fruit, 3-hour boat ride in a covered boat Snorkeling equipment Entrance fee to the park
- Every time you book an experience please get in touch get more info via email or WhatsApp. +4915157490411 +50686172668