My Guide Website?
Costa Rica: Río Balsa Half-Day Rafting Adventure28 Reviews
Enjoy an exciting rafting adventure on this half-day tour in Costa Rica and discover Río Balsa, a beautiful river surrounded by rainforest near the Arenal Volcano. The class 2-3 rapids are ideal for families and first-timers who want adventure.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Jaco Beach: ATV Tour with Waterfall Stop
- Manuel Antonio: Natural Mangrove Guided Boat Tour and Drinks
- Manuel Antonio: Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
- Jaco: 1500ft Tandem Paragliding Flight with Beach Views
- San José: Guided Gastronomy and History Walking Tour
- Enjoy an adventurous rafting experience for the whole family on class 2-3 rapids
- Admire the spectacular scenery near the Arenal Volcano
- Encounter the amazing wildlife in the area, including monkeys, sloths, and tropical birds
DescriptionSee amazing wildlife and enjoy plenty of whitewater fun on this half-day rafting adventure, right near the base of the Arenal Volcano! Perfect for families and first-timers! Challenge yourself as you paddle through fun and safe rolling rapids with names like 'Congo Loco' and 'Rock around the Croc', plus the challenging “Las Dragas” section. Then play around in tranquil river pools in an isolated rainforest river canyon. Your professional, experienced bilingual guides will give you a safety talk and paddling instruction, lifejackets and helmets before you begin. You'll spot wildlife including monkeys, sloths and tropical birds such as ospreys, Oropendolas and toucans. This unique river trip is the perfect combination of adventure and nature. We call this our “Whitewater & Wildlife” tour. Enjoyable for kids and adults alike! After nearly 30, fun, easy-rolling rapids, you’ll have some delicious fresh fruit and end at our private take-out to change into your dry clothes in our dressing rooms. We then take you to have a delicious, home-cooked, traditional Costa Rican meal, which is guaranteed to please!
IncludesTransport to and from your hotel Professional guides who love what they do Tropical fruit break Delicious home-cooked meal Private entrance and exit with changing rooms and bathroom towels
- Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond our control (climate, etc.) we may do a more suitable tour with equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure appeal. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies. Full refund is given if no tour is run.
- Rafting, canyoneering, and other adventures involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury. If you take medication such as allergy pills and need them with you or have other medical concerns, please inform your guide.
- The environment is unpredictable and filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks, and sudden flash floods are possible and river levels often vary. We may not be held responsible for any of the above