My Guide Website?
Costa Rica: Children's Eternal Rainforest Expedition
Embark on a day trip to discover the flora, fauna, and natural landscapes of the Children's Eternal Rainforest considered the largest private reserve in Central America.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From San Jose: Orosi Valley & Lankester Garden Day Tour
- Poás Volcano, Coffee Plantation & La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- La Fortuna: Sarapiqui River Jungle Safari Float
- From San José: Pacuare River White Water Rafting Day Trip
- San Jose One Day: Sarapiqui Class 2&3 Rafting Adventure
- Witness the flora, fauna, and landscapes of a tropical rainforest
- Walk the trails through the primary and secondary rainforests
- See Pocosol Waterfall with a drop of over 50 meters
- Spot a volcanic lagoon and mud fumaroles
- Get a chance at wildlife encounters
DescriptionSpend the day amongst nature and wildlife on this expedition at the Children’s Eternal Rainforest in Costa Rica. This biological reserve is a great place for intense contact with the rainforest and its surroundings. Walk the trails and discover all of its wonders as you explore. After a 1-hour drive in a 4x4 vehicle along mountainous roads, arrive at the Pocosol Station, a scientific center created for the investigation of flora and fauna, located next to a volcanic lagoon at 1100 meters above sea level. The research center of the reserve is managed by the Monteverde Conservation Association and features 22,000 hectares (54,363 acres) of protected forest. Begin a 7 km (4.3 mi) trail to spend about 3 hours admiring the primary and secondary forests, the volcanic soil with its fumaroles, and the Pocosol Waterfall with a 50 m (165 ft) drop from a viewpoint observing the river canyon. See the forest’s abundant flora and fauna, and, with a little luck, get a chance to observe animals of the area such as peccaries, coatis, agoutis, howler monkeys, and many birds. The Children’s Eternal Rainforest is one of the most important reserves in Latin America and is noted as the largest private reserve in both Costa Rica and Central America.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off 4x4 transportation with Wi-Fi Bilingual naturalist guide Reserve entrance fee Bottled mineral water Energizing snacks Lunch Walking sticks Insurance policies
- This activity involves approximately 4.3 miles of trails