My Guide Website?
Arenal Whitewater Rafting Family-Friendly Tour1 Reviews
Experience the excitement of whitewater rafting on this adventure to the class 2 and 3 Balsa River. Get your adrenaline pumping as you raft some of Costa Rica’s best whitewater rapids on a half-day, family-friendly excursion.
- Raft the rapids of the Balsa River
- Get wet and wild in the Arenal area
- Enjoy round-trip pick-ups and drop-offs
- Explore an off-the-beaten-track Costa Rican location
- Have fun for all the family
DescriptionGet the blood pumping on this half-day tour rafting some of Costa Rica’s best whitewater runs in La Fortuna. The Balsa River is a great option for families and beginners. After meeting with your river guide you will drive 30 minutes to the spot where the fun begins! You guides will explain safety procedures and show you how to operate the safety equipment before embarking along the river. Take the plunge down the spectacular class 2 and 3 tropical river as you enjoy up to 2 exhilarating hours and 6 miles (10 kilometers) of whitewater action. Get wet-and-wild through rapids such as “Magnetic Rock” and “Dredges.” Enjoy a swim, feast on some fresh tropical fruits and savor refreshing cold drinks, followed by a hearty Costa Rican lunch at the end of your journey. The trip can be booked as part of the Arenal Rafting Link option, with a pick-up in San Jose, plus rafting and drop-off in La Fortuna, or vice versa, all for 1 great price.
IncludesTransportation to and from most La Fortuna hotels Bilingual certified guide Fruit and snacks on the river Ice cold drinks Towels Lunch
- Photo service is available on most trips at additional cost
- Wave Expeditions reserves the right to cancel or modify the river trip due to weather conditions
- Raft trips pose known, as well as unplanned and unforeseen, safety risks. We are not held responsible for your participation in adventure tours, which come with inherent risk. Inherent risk means that no matter how hard we try, accidents can still occur. When accidents occur in remote wilderness areas rescues are complicated, risky and time-consuming. Our staff are well trained and certified in wilderness rescue
- If your hotel falls outside of the normal pick-up zone then we will contact you about additional hotel pick-up fees payable at pick-up time
- Minimum age 8 years old