My Guide Website?
Arenal Volcano Raft and Rappel Adventure7 Reviews
Combine two great activities into one amazing action-packed day on this full-day rafting and rappelling adventure from La Fortuna. Take a 4x4 ride to rappel through waterfalls, and raft along the Balsa River in the shadow of Arenal Volcano.
- Infuse your Costa Rico vacation with adrenaline
- Rappel into a beautiful rainforest canyon
- Feel the thrill of whitewater rafting in the Balsa River
- Admire picturesque views of Arenal Volcano
- Be treated to a traditional lunch at a peaceful country inn
DescriptionGive your Costa Rica vacation a kick-start into action with this full-day rafting and rappelling adventure from La Fortuna. First, take a 30-minute 4x4 drive outside of La Fortuna. Visit a picturesque area in the shadow of Arenal Volcano, then feel the excitement of rappelling into a pristine rainforest canyon. Enjoy five rappels in all: one along a dry rock face, and four alongside or inside waterfalls. Afterward, take a short trek out of the canyon onto a rainforest trail, where you will again jump into a 4x4 and head to the Balsa River. Here your guides will explain the proper safety procedures and provide you with rafting equipment. Once ready, you'll launch into the water for two exhilarating hours of whitewater rafting action. Get wet and wild as you raft through class 2-3 rapids, such as the “Magnetic Rock” and “Dredges”. End your journey at San Carlos Bridge where you can swim and enjoy some fresh tropical fruits before being treated to lunch at La Casona Rio Fortuna. Experience the genuine and peaceful way of country life in Costa Rica as you dine on a delicious meal prepared on a wood stove and served in the traditional Costa Rican manner.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off service (from most La Fortuna hotels) Professional services of certified guides Fruit and snacks Drinks Lunch Use of towels
- This tour is suitable for individuals 8-70 years of age who are in good physical condition. It is recommended that you bring fast-drying clothing (such as surf shorts or outdoor synthetic clothes) and adventure sandals, tennis shoes or light hiking boots. Please bring a change of clothes, a towel, and sunscreen as well.