My Guide Website?
Arenal Volcano National Park Half-Day Hike1 Reviews
Enjoy an interpretive 4-hour nature hike of the Arenal Volcano National Park to see and learn about the native plants, wildlife, and lava rock formations. Get a beautiful panoramic view of Lake Arenal, and stop at a relaxing hot spring bath.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From San Jose: Orosi Valley & Lankester Garden Day Tour
- Poás Volcano, Coffee Plantation & La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- La Fortuna: Sarapiqui River Jungle Safari Float
- From San José: Pacuare River White Water Rafting Day Trip
- San Jose One Day: Sarapiqui Class 2&3 Rafting Adventure
- Hike the lava paths of Costa Rica's most famous volcano
- Enjoy magnificent views of Lake Arenal
- Learn about the unique flora and fauna of Arenal National Park
- Relax with an optional dip in a hot spring
DescriptionBegin the tour in the northwest area of the volcano, the area with the most volcanic activity in the last period of eruptions. Once there, walk along the trails that cross the regenerating forest area and over a large block of petrified lava, produced by past eruptions, steep slopes, and sandy soils. Observe a great variety of plants, wildlife, magnificent rock formations, in addition to the volcanic landscape the place offers a wonderful view of Lake Arenal. During the tour, experienced guides will provide you with interesting and educational information regarding the history of the volcano, lithological cycles, forest formation processes, and general volcanology.
IncludesBilingual naturalist guide Transportation by air-conditioned bus Park entrance fee Beverages
- Please wear comfortable clothing and hiking boots or tennis shoes, and bring your binoculars, a camera, sunscreen, insect repellent, and rain gear (during rainy season)