My Guide Website?
Arenal Volcano: Lost Canyon Canyoneering Adventure23 Reviews
Arenal Volcano tours Canyoneering in the Lost Canyon in Costa Rica gives you the perfect chance to absorb the magic of the rainforest and experience the exhilaration of canyoneering in a pristine, isolated canyon!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Costa Rica:If youʻre booking your trip to Costa Rica last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Join the hottest tour in Costa Rica, an exhilarating canyoneering adventure
- Rappel down tropical waterfalls, experience magnificent scenery, and go where very few have the privilege to roam
- Enjoy the intense rain forest that surrounds you
DescriptionThe rugged, mountainous terrain near the Arenal Volcano is ideal for canyoneering. Combine rappelling, down-climbing, river tracing and the huge and breathtaking waterfalls hidden in the Lost Canyon. Start off by doing a fun 4x4 off-road adventure on the “Jungle Limos” as you head about 15 minutes into a quiet mountainside community. Your guides will give you a thorough safety talk about important rappelling and down-climbing techniques. You’ll get high-quality technical climbing gear such as a harness, helmet and gloves, and you’ll get to practice your first descent on a small, 150-foot (45 meter) waterfall. There you are, on a sturdy platform looking down into the depths of a massive tropical waterfall. You’ll rappel down for the thrill of a lifetime! Make your way along the river by down-climbing and rappelling a series of 6 waterfalls that get gradually bigger and bigger. You’ll finish with an exhilarating 200-foot (60 meter) guided rappel! The hike back up takes about 10 minutes, but take your time to enjoy the intense rainforest that surrounds you. At the top, you’ll arrive to the Canyon Café where you can change into your dry clothes and then sit down to your best meal in Costa Rica!
IncludesPick up and drop-off at your accommodation Professional guide Safety equipment and briefing Warrior buffet Towels
- This tour is considered an extreme activity and involves some inherent risks and physical exertion
- You must be in good physical condition and between 16 and 55 years old
- This tour is not suitable for those who have had recent surgery, have a heart condition or injury, or are pregnant
- You must inform the guide if you take medication that you need with you or have other medical concerns
- There are different jump heights throughout the tour and paths in case you decide to skip a jump but the idea is to push yourself to your limits on this tour
- You do not need experience
- This tour operates rain or shine
- The local partner reserves the right to cancel the tour due to unsafe conditions and offer a more suitable similar tour
- The local partner will not be held responsible for landslides, falling rocks, flash floods, or varying river levels
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable, filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and a variety of other wildlife