My Guide Website?
- Discover an amazing variety of birds, incredible insects, and amazing flowers
- Experiment costarican lifestyle and wildlife through a biologist point of view
- Look for a wild sloth population in the middle of the university campus
DescriptionDeparting from the nearby meeting point, visit the University of Costa Rica campus, home to some of the largest patches of forest in San Jose. Guided by young biologists, discover the nature hiding in the middle of Costa Rica's largest city. Experience wildlife you wouldn't have imagined existed minutes away from downtown. On the first stop, you’ll look for resident and migratory birds, lots of incredible insects and amazing flowers. We'll be talking about art, history, indigenous culture, and most of all, nature. Lastly, visit the main campus to seek out the friendly sloths climbing freely. The goal of this tour is to change the way tourism is done in Costa Rica, while supporting young scientists, researchers, and local entrepreneurs.
IncludesGuided nature walk by a biologist Telescope for bird and sloth watching
- During the rainy season (May to November), please bring bug spray and be prepared to experience the rainforest. During this time we recommend booking the morning slot; however, the afternoons are also great.
- This is a 2,5h walking tour, some parts will be exposed to intense sunlight. Not a heavy walk, but please consider your physical condition
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$31.00Buy Tickets!